The course: Empowering Education is a joint semester programme between:
- Odisee University College, Belgium
- Pädagogische Hochschule Steiermark, Austria
- Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain
- University College UCC, Denmark
The curriculum of the course has been developed in cooperation between the four partner institutions and lecturers from all four partner institutions teach the programme. The joint semester programme consist of five course units with a study load of 30 ECTS in total. It was offered during the second semester of the academic year 2016/2017 at Odisee University College and will be offered in spring 2018 at University College UCC, spring 2019 at Pädagogische Hochschule Steiermark and spring 2020 at Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona.
The programme aims at students from Teacher Training programmes. Students from all four partner institutions and exchange students exchange from other partnerinstitutions of the host institution can apply for the programme.
- Course unit 1: Professional teamwork - challenges and possibilities of collaboration in groups / 6 ECTS
Assessment and grading
All course units are graded (ECTS grades) based on students’ participation and performance.
- Attendance: Students must participate at least 90% of teaching hours and international practicum.
- Students must hand in all required tasks and assignments.
- Quality of work. Criteria for each course are described in the description of each course unit.
Final assignment: During the semester programme, students work on a course portfolio. At the end of the course, each student chooses one aspect of his / her portfolio, which he/she reflects on and presents.
The module is offered at Campus Carlsberg in spring 2018. In spring 2019 the module will be offered in Graz and in spring 2020 in Barcelona.