How can students develop playful learning environments in their professional lives? How can playful learning approaches encourage children to form a sense of citizenship in institutions and schools?
This course encourages the student to explore and discover the values of playful learning and citizenship in education within and arts-based, theoretical, creative and experiential learning approaches.
This full-time course is both theoretical and creative and comprises a variety of academic, didactic and experiential hands-on subjects and study activities with an overall emphasis on developing unique and relevant playful competences and a citizenship mindset in education. Furthermore, the urban setting of the … Campus invites the student to explore and incorporate the neighbourhood in his/her study activities.
Aim of the international course
On completion, the student will have obtained professional competences in and knowledge about:
- Implementing the playful skills and techniques acquired in his/her professional life.
- Working with an increased focus on citizenship in education.
- Ways of combining playful learning and citizenship in education.
- Citizenship in education
- Play theory and culture
- Drama, media, arts and play
- Aesthetic learning and flow
- Creative storytelling
- Nordic pedagogical practice
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- Creative workshops, experiential learning and laboratory study activities
- Active and practical study group work
- Playful presentations and productions through arts, theatre, music and media
- Theoretical approaches and lectures
- Supervision in groups
- Peer and group feedback.
- Practical placements in a unique Danish institution or school.
- Trips to relevant museums and cultural institutions