The programme is planned in cooperation of seven Teacher Educations in Turkey, Hungary, Ireland, Belgium, the Netherlands and Denmark. The partner institutions all belong to an informal network called KASTALIA; which is a network of 15 institutions of teacher education, with a wide spectrum of subject areas. For nearly twenty years the KASTALIA network has been working to promote student- and staff mobility and have now opened up a new phase in our cooperation by bringing our students and teaching staff together in an intensive programme.
Our first IP was held in Copenhagen in April 2013.
The objective of IP ICEME
The objective is to prepare, execute and evaluate a two-week seminar on innovative processes in teaching. During the seminar, specific real-life challenges regarding inclusion and multilingualism from the participating countries will be presented to the participants, who will work at finding innovative solutions for the challenges. The objective is that the participants become familiar with innovative processes and that they gain experience in using innovative tools for problem-solving.
The programme consists of the following activities:
- Workshops involving presentations of techniques and methods which can be applied in the problem-solving phase. The workshops includes methods to achieve lateral thinking and creative problem solving, e.g. drama and the De Bono approach.
- Problem-Solving Phase involving real-life challenges from primary and secondary schools in the participating countries. Students have to develop innovative solutions in cross-cultural groups to these problems.
The course is open for students from the last years of the first cycle (Bachelor degree) as well as Second cycle (Master) students in education. Four students from each partner of the IP may participate.
- University College UCC, Denmark
- Hogeschool – Universiteit Brussel (HUB), Belgium
- Hogeschool Thomas More, Belgium
- Debreceni Reformatus Hittudomanyi Egyetem, Hungary
- Hogeschool Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Dokuz Eylül University, Turkey
- Montessori College i Dublin, Irland